بسم الله الرحمن الرحيم

A mid-term test                  English               1st . Year  Secondary

Term 1

Student's Name: ……………………………………………..

(1)                     Read the following and  answer the questions

Ahmad Al- Ali  is twenty-nine years old and he is Saudi . He comes from  Jeddah. He went to the Red Sea I. School . Then , he attended Umm Al-Qura University where he studied English . After that , he went to America to study television and radio .  

Mr. AL-Ali says he is interested in people and Saudi customs . He is a keen tennis player and he also likes swimming.

Questions

·         One-           How old  is Mr . AL-Ali ? .....................................................................................

·         Two-           What nationality is he ? ........................................................................................

·         Three-    Why did he go to America ? ..................................................................................

·         Four-         What sport  does he like ? ....................................................................................

·         Five-         Put (  T  ) or  (   F

He studied radio and television at Umma AL- Qura University. (                   )

The word “ keen “ means very interested in                               (                   )

(2)                        Do as shown in brackets ;

• One-                He is from Pakistan .Is ......................................... ....... ? ( make a question)
  • Two-                I am going to be a doctor. What ...................................?
                • ( make a question )
  • Three-         He is from Oman He is ..........................................(complete )
  • Four-              The programme  is going to be about people .                  (  use ; will )

.................................................................................................................................

Five-Why is he in Makkah ( perform  Al-Hajj )  answer  using the words in brackets

...........................................................................................................................

f- I am Saudi . ........................................................ .           ( use the short form )

(3)                        Complete the conversation

_ Hello  ,I am Fahad .

_ Hello, I am Richard Smith. It is nice to ................................... you .

_ Welcome to Saudi  Arabia .

_  Thank you . It is nice to .........................................  here .

(4)                        Fill in the missing with correct word

(    foreigner     -     permission     -     called     -   plan    -   host  )

·         One-                Mr. Al-Ali`s programme is ............................................  “ In Focus “

·         Two-                He is not from this country . He is a ...........................................

·         Three-         The ................................. is the person that introduces a programme .

·         Four-              The teacher gave me .................................... to leave the classroom.

(5)                       Choose the correct answer

·         One-                I am tired. Let’s  ................................. home .  ( go - going  -  gone  )

·         Two-           The ruler is ...................... 30 cm long.( about– approximately– exactly )

·         Three-        It is a .............................. in Saudi Arabia to introduce coffee and tea for

(   guests.     (  hobby    -   custom    -   game